What if I have a mortgage?

If a property owner has a mortgage that escrows for taxes for the Town of Mills River, it is the responsibility of the property owner to ensure payment. If the mortgage company contacts the Town the entire tax file will be provided electronically. All property owners receive a paper bill. They need to either call their mortgage company to ensure they will pay or check the website periodically to see if the tax has been paid.

Show All Answers

1. When are taxes due?
2. How is interest calculated?
3. Why do I receive two tax bills, one from the Town of Mills River and one from Henderson County?
4. What if I have a mortgage?
5. Why should I be obligated to pay taxes if I did not receive my bill?